Join NairaWay / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 170 members, 1,920 topics. Date: July 28, 2017, 7:39 am
An automobile can start to burn because of so many things such as from electrical sparks, faulty wiring, overheating etc. Actions to take in case of a fire...
1. In most cases the fire usually starts from the engine compartment.
2. As soon as an automobile fire is discovered, switch off and safely discharge the passengers.
3. Reach out for your fire extinguisher, open the bonnet gently and discharge fire extinguisher directed to the base of the fire
4. The battery terminals may be disconnected to avoid more sparks
A jet of water may be necessary for passenger compartment fire. Also, the cooling of the tank with water spray may be necessary to prevent busting. All moving vehicles should be stopped and made to switch off the engine
* All vehicles should park within reasonable distance from the leaking tanker
* Allow only vehicles with spark arrestor fixed to their exhaust pipe to move across
* Discourage/stop everybody within the vicinity from smoking Contact fire Brigade as soon as possible
* Apply foam object spray or sand to dissolve the already leaded fuel. Improvise and stop the leaking.
* If the petrol tanker is on fire, clear people from the vicinity and call fire Brigade. Don't fire the fire leave it for the experts''.
Classes of fire
For easy identification and extinction purpose, fire is classified into four categories and they are;
Fire involving free burning materials like wood, paper, textiles, etc WATER is the best extinguisher agent in form object or spray.
Fire involving flammable substances like petrol, paint grease, etc, fall under class B fire, Fire under this category could best be extinguished with LIQUID FOAM extinguisher.
Dry chemical powder, Carbon oxide extinguisher, and dry sand are also good materials that can put off class B fire.
Fire involving combustible gases or liquefied petroleum like propane, Butane, etc. They can best be extinguished with Dry chemical powder and Carbon Dioxide fire extinguishers; water in spray form could be used to cool down the cylinder
Fire involving metals, e.g Potassium, Aluminum, Magnesium, Zink, etc. They can best be extinguished with Dry Chemical Powder fire extinguisher or Dry sand.
Click Here To Get Free Airtime To Text, Call & Subscribe Data
HOW TO EARN $1 EVERY 2 MINUTES OR $55 DAILY ONLINE
CLICK HERE TO GET FREE TUTORIALS ON MAKING FREE CALLS, WATCHING DSTV FREE ETC
HOW TO MAKE N100,000 T0 N500,000 MONTHLY
LEARN HOW TO MAKE N250,000 MONTHLY ONLINE IN NIGERIA
How to Make Huge money From Expired Domain name click http://cashnaira.com
CLICK HERE TO DRIVE UP TO 20,000 REAL NIGERIAN TRAFFIC DAILY TO YOUR SITE
A NEW INTERNET COMMUNITY IS LAUNCHED! CHECK IN AND ENJOY FREE LESSONS
FREE GUIDE! BROWSE FREE, MAKE FREE CALLS, MAKE MONEY ONLINE ETC
CLICK HERE TO EARN $45 – $100 DAILY ONLINE WITH YOUR FACEBOOK ACCOUNT
Viewing this topic: 1 guest viewing this topic
|NAIRAWAY - Copyright © 2016 Oluwasegun Adebayo. All rights reserved. Follow NairaWay on Facebook|
Disclaimer: Every NAIRAWAY member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on NAIRAWAY.