Join NairaWay / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 219 members, 2,682 topics. Date: March 19, 2018, 3:54 am
NAIRAWAY Forum / Phones / How To Prevent 'Unfortunately App Has Stopped' Error On Android (1 Post | 100 Views)
How To Prevent 'Unfortunately App Has Stopped' Error On Android by nairaway(m) : 2:58 pm On Sep 27, 2017
I have come across so many posts on Nairaland, Facebook, Tecno Spot etc, on the complaints "Unfortunately App has stopped" and as this complaints persist, I did a little bit of research and came up with some steps on how to fix the error msg on your phone. This may not be new to most persons, but I am sure it will help some people, particularly new users of the latest phones released Tecno, Infinix and others. Check them out below:
1. CLEAR CACHE OF YOUR APP: Open the Settings app on your Android device. Scroll down and look for the app, scroll down to find the desired app and click on it. Click on storage option, now, you will find two options as – “CLEAR DATA” and “CLEAR CACHE“. Simply, click on “CLEAR CACHE“. Alternatively hold the app for some seconds and drag to the home screen, you should see the CLEAR CACHE AND CLEAR DATA OPTION, simply click on clear cache.
2. RESET THE APPLICATION: If the above doesn't work, you would need to reset the app in order to fix the error. Note that clearing the data would delete all your app’s data, information and reset the settings of the app. So, if you do not have a backup of the app’s data or if it does not reside in the cloud, perform a backup of the required data.
3. UPDATE OR REINSTALL THE APP : If none of the above methods mentioned worked for you, you can try uninstalling and install the app again to see whether the error “Unfortunately, app has stopped” still shows or not. Reinstalling may not be much different than clearing the app’s data, but it seems to work most of the time.
4. INSTALL AN OLDER VERSION OF THE APP: Sometimes updating an app fixes the issue but on the contrary, sometimes it makes it worse. So, in order to get rid of the “Unfortunately, app has stopped” error message, you can also try installing an older version of the app.
5. PERFORM A FACTORY RESET: If any of the above fails, the last option is to carry out a factory reset, carrying out a factory reset brings the phone to its default state.
It's also advisable that you download your apps from Playstore, some persons just love collecting apps through Xender or Flash share. You never can tell, it might just be the reason why you are receiving such error messages.
Click Here To Get Free 1.5 To 3 Odds Daily SURE Pick
HOW TO EARN $1 EVERY 2 MINUTES OR $55 DAILY ONLINE
HOW TO MAKE N100,000 T0 N500,000 MONTHLY WITH FOOTBALL BETTING
LEARN HOW TO MAKE N250,000 MONTHLY ONLINE IN NIGERIA
How to Make Huge money From Expired Domain name click http://cashnaira.com
CLICK HERE TO DRIVE UP TO 20,000 REAL NIGERIAN TRAFFIC DAILY TO YOUR SITE
A NEW INTERNET COMMUNITY IS LAUNCHED! CHECK IN AND ENJOY FREE LESSONS
FREE GUIDE! BROWSE FREE, MAKE FREE CALLS, MAKE MONEY ONLINE ETC
CLICK HERE TO EARN $45 – $100 DAILY ONLINE WITH YOUR FACEBOOK ACCOUNT
Viewing this topic: 1 guest viewing this topic
|NAIRAWAY - Copyright © 2016 Oluwasegun Adebayo. All rights reserved. Follow NairaWay on Facebook|
Disclaimer: Every NAIRAWAY member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on NAIRAWAY.